X8 is a progressive cyber industry leader providing full spectrum engagement solutions operating at the forefront of cyber operations and cyber security thought and innovation.
Our mission: Bringing mission domain excellence to solve exigent cyber challenges for our client.
X8 seeks a well-rounded Cyberspace Operations Expert, with working experience in USCYBERCOM, NSA or other Intelligence Community (IC) partners in cyber operations, to manage and guide software development projects for the DoD.
The orchestration engineer will primarily focus on interoperability, data sharing and collaboration between operational systems,
installed on an enterprise infrastructure. A foundation in virtual machine deployment, cyber tools, software testing and containerization products are important for success. X8 SMEs work with a smart, dynamic and important DoD customer, changing how cyber operations are conducted. X8 experts possess a deep appreciation for mission, infrastructure and collaboration focused on user success.
The Cyber Operations – Systems Orchestration Engineer will:
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Guide the development, evolution and integration of multiple enterprise services focusing on virtual machine deployment, data storage, data sharing, tool functionality and containerization.
- Serve as the hub for programmatic decision-making balancing requirements, operational considerations, timelines and technical challenges to deliver mission success.
- Advise the customer on operational best practices from the perspective of interactive operators, exploitation analysts, planners, infrastructure managers and/or target analysts from within USCYBERCOM.
- Assess the technical solutions of contract performers and provide technical comments and recommendations to the customer ensuring the performer.
- Ensure systems and services under development meet rigorous demands for operational employment and effectiveness through interactions with users, developers and the customer.
- Design and/or refine technical solutions, requirements, draft policies, SOPs, user guides, CONOPs and CONEMPs to meet the operational needs of the USCYBERCOM user community.
- Provide informed advocacy, writing, and teamwork with other cyber operations SMEs to identify and address development challenges. Help the customer and development team think beyond normal boundaries, to see what’s possible.
- Conduct operational research projects, assess alternative solutions, document opinions to help integrate new capabilities into a larger cyberspace architecture.
- Advise government customer on the complex interplay between multiple different development projects, contract performers and schedules to ensure all work seamlessly together to meet customer/mission requirements.
- Seven (7) years relevant experience working with USCYBERCOM, NSA or other IC partners in cyberspace operations, analysis, defense, or development.
- Strong understanding of the solutions and/or problems in cyber infrastructures, software, data sharing, interoperability, tool deployment, analysis and system support functions.
- Experience in work roles like interactive operator (ION), exploitation analyst (EA), infrastructure watch operator (IWO), Silo Tech, access operator, JMOC-LNO, CND analyst, network engineer, cyber security analyst, SWO, DNEA, developer and/or similar work roles (highly desired)
- Understanding of cross domain solutions, VPN products and other nontraditional networking technologies (highly desired)
- Understanding of cloud solutions, microservices, containerization and supporting architectures
- Familiarity with a broad range of topics in cyber space operations including operations, analysis, development, information technology, requirements refinement, architecture development, networking and/or systems analysis (highly desired)
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence and related tools
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical leaders
- Seven (7) years’ experience BS/MS Degree, (Five (5) years with a Master’s Degree) in a technical field like; Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Software Engineering) in technical roles within the government, IC, military or private industry
Clearance: Active TS/SCI (for immediate consideration)
Location: Hanover, MD
- This position will operate primarily out of the Hanover, MD area, with some travel to Herndon, VA.
Why should I work with X8? (Why apply?)
X8 is not hiring you to tell you what to do. X8 wants your best effort, ideas and passion to ensure the successful integration of prototype systems, with multiple applications also under development. You will set the parameters for success and advise multiple vendors under your purview to orchestrate combined success. The selected candidate will also have a front row seat to the other interesting development challenges other agencies are hiring X8 to tackle.
If you want to change how the DoD conducts mission and really make a difference within USCYBERCOM, X8 wants to hear from you. X8 values diversity of thought, applicants, military affiliation, and originating industry. Our capital asset is the grey matter we bring to bear on key problems of the military, national security clients and for our own internal development. Join us and rise with a small but ever successful firm on the rise.
X8 LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit x8llc.com.