Clearance: TS/SCI/Poly required for immediate consideration
Location: Fort Washington, MD
X8 seeks an experienced software architect with working experience in USCYBERCOM, DISA, NSA or other Intelligence Community (IC) partners. The selected applicant will serve as the lead software architect providing technical assessments, project leadership and software quality analysis, with the Command’s capability development division. The selectee will work with a collection of software development, analysis and integration experts leading projects, and will serve as a common software development SME, providing guidance across multiple contracts. They will evaluate, validate, and improve some of the latest capabilities available to the Command by providing the government with direct feedback on performance, efficacy, ROI and the integration of systems across the enterprise. The selectee will provide ideas on system integration priorities, challenges, and solutions. This position will shape the strategic integration of common services and software deployment decisions across the Command, having a direct impact on mission success. Our customer is the leading voice in DoD operational cyber development, delivering significant capabilities for USCYBERCOM and its Service Partners. X8 SME and Engineers work with a smart, dynamic and growing DoD customer, actually changing how cyber operations are conducted.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to enable the deployment of enterprise level networks, that host operational systems, dataflow workflows and data storage.
- Assist in the design of virtual environments, virtual machines, government cloud resources, cross-domain solutions, dataflows, and their associated technologies to streamline the development of cyber capabilities.
- Evaluate technical/software solutions by reviewing/validating agile development architectures, technical deliverables and processes of multiple projects.
- Provide options and guidance for integrating existing COTS/GOTS systems and networks in on-prem, virtualized and/or cloud environments.
- Provide strategic guidance looking for every opportunity to improve the integration, dataflow, and workflow processes of enterprise systems supporting operations through savvy contract design, vendor selection and technology advocacy.
- Work across the cyber community to advance the software development, testing and integration of systems needed by the Command to support operations.
- Provide unbiased, deliberate, and blunt assessments of technologies, integration decisions and software developed for the Command. Advise the government on how to improve the outcomes for the user base.
- Responsible for designing system architectures in coordination with other Contractors and the Government, including the visual representation of user stories, sequence diagram presentations, and logical view diagrams of the system.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, testing and integrating software in an agile environment such as SAFe or SCRUM.
- Experience with software architecture and requirement decomposition using UML or equivalent software modeling tool
- Demonstrated experience implementing and executing an agile software lifecycle, to include development of automated testing and integration.
- Experience writing and performing unit and integration tests, code coverage and code path analysis.
- Experience with software architecture and requirement decomposition.
- Experience conducting code reviews and being responsible for verifying code quality requirements as part of these reviews
- Experience deriving, editing and consolidating feature requirements from customers and users
Education/Experience – Software Architect Level 3:
- 8 years with BS degree or 10 years relevant experience working in the government, in software development, system integration and software deployment.
- BS/MS in a technical field like; Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Software Engineering.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com