Offensive Cyber Operator
X8 is seeking Title-10 and/or Title-50 Offensive Cyber Operators to serve as offensive cyberspace operations (OCO) subject matter experts (SME). These SMEs will serve as technical leads, assess and validate emerging technologies, inform the government of potential capability gaps/deficiencies, and develop and delivery Mission Qualification Training (MQT). Additionally, these SMEs will be responsible for leading projects to research, assess, document, train, and integrate cyber capabilities into a larger cyberspace architecture. SMEs will nominate changes to tools, processes, or contracts and will be asked to weigh in on a wide variety of cyberspace operational issues. This position is in San Antonio, Texas.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assess emerging technologies to ensure they meet mission and operational requirements
- Aid in mission planning to integrate kinetic and non-kinetic effects
- Assist with Mission Qualification Training (MQT) development and delivery mechanisms
- Test tools and capabilities to assess if they meet the rigorous demands for operational employment and effectiveness
- Use and assist in the design of cyber range environments, such as PCTE, to effectively assess the intended and unintended performance of tools in a target-representative environment
- Interpret customer and operational needs to translate them into actionable tasks and manage small projects
- Assess and advise Research and Development (R&D) of new and cutting-edge cyber capabilities
- Develop, review, and edit proposals, policies, whitepapers, and research to help our clients build the next generation of cyberspace capabilities
- Identify and address challenges, and work with SMEs from a variety of backgrounds to find solutions
- Participate in Agile ceremonies and technical exchange meetings (TEMs) with other development teams
- Provide informed advocacy, writing, and teamwork with other cyber operations SMEs to help think beyond normal boundaries, to push what is possible
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a DoD Cyber Operator: Computer Network Operations (CNO), Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Offensive Cyberspace Operations (OCO), or Red Team
- Certified NSA Journeyman Operator (or higher) or USCYBERCOM equivalent
- Experience in work roles as a trainer, Tool Champion, TTP developer, and all-around problem solver
- Advanced knowledge and skills utilizing attack tools and TTPs to conduct personal security products (PSP) evasion, reconnaissance, exploitation, persistence, C2, data ex-filtration, other post-exploitation activities
- Demonstrated operational experience using penetration testing suites (Kali Linux, BackBox, or similar) and tools (Metasploit, Cobalt Strike, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience using automation scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, etc.) to achieve operational effects
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical leaders.
- Ability to abstract tasks (directed or implied) and see tasks through completion
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team. Must be self-motivated, able to manage and balance time among multiple tasks and projects
- (Desired) Experience with malware TTPs and/or developing/modifying exploits and tools
- (Desired) Strong familiarity with JIRA and Confluence and related tools
- (Desired) Understanding of cyber operations processes within the DoD and/or Intelligence Community (IC)
- BS/MS Degree in a STEM-related field like; Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Development, or Systems Engineering
- (Desired) Possess one of the following Offensive Security Certifications: Certified Professional (OSCP), Certified Expert (OSCE), Web Expert (OSWE), Exploitation Expert (OSEE)
Our customer is a leading voice in DoD cyber operations for the US Air Force and USCYBERCOM.
Why should I work with X8? (Why apply?)
X8 is looking for people that want to excel in what they do. X8 wants your best effort, ideas, and passion to ensure the successful integration of prototype systems with multiple applications. You will set the parameters for success and advise multiple vendors under your purview to orchestrate combined success. The individual selected for this position will also have a front row seat to other interesting development challenges.
If you want to change how the DoD conducts mission and really make a difference within USCYBERCOM, X8 wants to hear from you. X8 values diversity of thought, applicants, military affiliation, and originating industry. Our capital asset is the grey matter we bring to bear on key problems of the military, national security clients, and for our own internal development. X8 is growing and there is opportunity within the firm to make a difference.
To apply for this job please visit x8llc.com.